Friday, November 20, 2009

Ken Buker - Oh ye of" LITTLE" Faith



Matthew 18:2-6 (English Standard Version)

2And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.


Linda retyped this for us

O YE OF "LITTLE" FAITH
Matthew 18-2-6: (English Standard Version) 2. And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3. and said "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5. Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, 6. but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."
"And a little child will lead them." Isaiah 11:6

The older I get, the more I look back. When I attended my dad's 90th birthday, my mom told me to be careful what I said to the group about dad -- There's a little boy in him too, you know! (My dad, a minister who never retired.)
Looking back on my childhood, I remember these songs - Jesus Loves Me -- Brighten the Corner Where You Are -- What a Friend We Have in Jesus -- In My Heart There Rings a Melody -- Into My Heart -- Faith of Our Fathers -- Onward Christian Soldiers.
So many more hymns come to mind and I loved them all - still do. When in the mountains or at the seashore, the songs just rattle around in my head at times. And when complicated ethical and theological questions are debated, we can just go back to that childlike faith that says Jesus loves me, this I know - for the Bible tells me so!
And in a couple of years - when I turn 90 - please, someone, remind me - There's a little boy in me somewhere. Let it show.
PRAYER: Thank you, Lord, for Amazing Grace. Amen

KEN BUKER


Click on yellow pad for larger picture


No comments: