Friday, November 20, 2009

Tom Stinson THANKSGIVING

(Linda typed this for us . . )
THANKSGIVING
Suggested Bible Reading: Psalm 100: 1-5 (NIV) "1. Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. 2. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3.Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His Name. 5. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
Today's Scripture: Psalm 75:1 "Oh, God, we give thanks to you. We proclaim how great you are and tell of the wonderful things you have done."
This is the season of Thanksgiving. I have much to be thankful for - my family, friends, my church, and the fact that I live in a free country.
My lovely wife of 60 years and I moved to Charlotte in 1998 to be near our daughter and her family. It was quite an adjustment; however, we soon realized that with God's help, we had made the right decision.
I have had two open-heart surgeries and my wife has had cornea transplants, all of which would have been a 60-mile trip to a Birmingham hospital.
God has richly Blessed me and I am truly thankful.

Prayer: Dear God, help us to express our thanksgiving to you and all mankind.
Thought for the Day: Count our many Blessings.
Prayer Focus: Live your life in a Spirit of Thanksgiving.

TOM STINSON


No comments: