Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Durward Owen - Miracles




Two visiting Yankee Catholic friends, following an all night bar hopping, were seated at back of church. My son was joining the Methodist church. I went back to be sure they were safe enough to remain for the service. Al Brown asked, “what are you giving him?”.! responded, “nothing, we Protestants do not have that practice”.

Following the service I reached into my coat pocket to pull out my cigarettes, a lifetime practice, having smoked several packets a day, for as long as I can remember. Many efforts to stop had not worked. In a flash the comment by Al became a blinding experience, and I turned to David, gave him the almost full packet and said, “as a gift today I will never smoke a cigarette again as long as I live.

I have never smoked a cigarette since that day. I believe that was a miracle, and that miracles still come from God. We just do not recognize them.


JOHN CHAPTER 4, VERSE 48: “Unless you see miraculous signs and wonders you will never believe”

No comments: